2005-2006 Graduate Catalog 
    Apr 19, 2024  
2005-2006 Graduate Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Financial Information

Click on a link to be taken to the entry below.

Tuition and Fees


Cost per credit hour for 2005-2006: $440.00
Service fee per credit hour: $6.00
Audit Fee for 2005-2006: 50% of course tuition rate

Other Expenses:

Tuition charges do not include books, supplies, or personal expenses.

Financial Policies


Settlement of Accounts

All students are responsible for payment in full of all tuition by the start of the student’s first class each semester. The University accepts payments by check or cash. Credit card payments can be made through Tuition Management Systems (TMS) via its website (www.afford.com) or its toll-free telephone number (800-343-0911). A service fee will be charged by TMS for the transaction. It is the student’s responsibility to notify his/her employer if tuition reimbursement is available. Tuition payment plans are available through FACTS Management. For more information, contact the Student Accounts Office at (215) 702-4522 and ask for a FACTS brochure. The FACTS webpage can be accessed via the PBU website.

Withdrawal Refund Policies

University Refund Policy

Students who withdraw from the University are entitled to a proportionate tuition refund on their semester bill as listed below, provided they notify the University in writing of their intention. A personal interview with the program chair is also recommended before a withdrawal becomes complete and final. If a withdrawal then follows, the official date of withdrawal shall be that on which the enrollment counselor signs the withdrawal form. Merely ceasing from class attendance or giving an oral statement of intention does not constitute a basis for official withdrawal. No refund is made until withdrawal forms are properly signed and submitted to the Business Services Department. University Withdrawal forms are available from an enrollment counselor and must be completed before a refund will be issued. Refunds for tuition are made in accordance with the following schedule:


If the Student Withdraws The University Retains Refund to Student
Prior to beginning of Classes 0% 100%
Within 1st 10% of enrollment period 10% 90%
Within 25% of enrollment period, after 1st 10% 50% 50%
Within 50% of enrollment period after 1st 25% 75% 25%
After 50% of enrollment period 100% 0%

Course Withdrawal/Refund Policy

Refund from course withdrawal applies only when the withdrawal is official. Refunds for tuition are made in accordance with the refund policy schedule. The date of official course withdrawal is the date the withdrawal form is submitted to the enrollment counselor or the Registrar’s Office. Notification of course load adjustment is given to the Business Services Department and the Financial Aid Office by the Registrar’s Office and refunds are applied to the student’s account in accordance with the policy stated above. Students who withdraw from courses during the course of a semester will not have their financial aid adjusted after the established drop/add period.

Reduction of Aid on University Withdrawal

When a student withdraws from the University prior to completion of a semester, aid will be reduced or returned according to the stipulations of each individual program. Aid from private and other sources will be governed by the conditions of the donors.

Return of Federal Title IV Funds Upon Withdrawal

A “Return of Federal Title IV Funds Calculation” will be done for students who are Federal Title IV aid recipients upon withdrawal from the University during the first 60% of a semester. The Federal Title IV aid programs included are: Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant and FFELP (Stafford and/or PLUS) Loans. Federal aid funds are considered “earned” based on the percentage of the semester actually completed. In some cases, funds already disbursed to the student need to be returned to the federal program. For more information about this calculation, contact the Financial Aid Office.

Financial Aid


There are no federal or state grant programs for PBU graduate students. Students may apply for a loan through the Stafford Loan Program. The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and loan applications are available in the University Admissions and Financial Aid offices or at www.fafsa.ed.gov. The FAFSA must be completed prior to the loan application. For more information and assistance, contact the Financial Aid Office at 215-702-4247 or e-mail financialaid@pbu.edu.


Graduate students may be eligible for a need-based grant. Students must complete a Graduate Program Grant application form before the announced deadline each semester. The application includes a “Need Analysis” based on income from the previous year. Deadlines are August 1 for the fall semester, November 15 for the winter and spring semesters, and April 15 for summer sessions. For more information on these and other scholarships/discounts (e.g., International Student Scholarships) contact Graduate Admissions at 1.800.572.2472.