Dec 08, 2021
Upon completion of this program, a student receives a Master of Science in Education degree.
Program Requirements - Total Credits: 45
Teacher Education Core Curriculum - Credits: 21
- Special Education Elective Credits: 3
Electives - Credits: 12
Elective courses may be clustered to form a specialization or taken in a cross disciplinary configuration to meet individual needs. EDU 701, EDU 702, and EDU 703 are required of all students who do not have an education degree from a regionally accredited institution and are not entering a certification program unless they have shown evidence of having taken courses in these areas of study.
Curriculum and Instruction
Students in the International Education specialization may replace the core course EDU 716 Global Trends in Education with an elective.
Special Education (Certificate)
Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (Certificate)
Coursework needed for PA or private school teaching certificates will be determined on an individual basis, depending on previous college work. Certification is separate from the M.S. in Education degree, but may be completed simultaneously.
Certification is available in the following areas:
- Early Childhood N-3 (public/private) until December 2012
- Early Childhood/Elementary PK-4 (public/private) after 2012
- Preschool-Kindergarten (ACSI only)
- Elementary K-6 (public/private) until December 2012
- Elementary/Middle Level 4-8 (public/private) after 2012
- K-12 Health/Physical Education (public/private)
- K-12 Music (public/private)
- K-12 Bible (ACSI only)
- Secondary Education:
- Social Studies/History minor (public/private)
- Mathematics (public/private)
- English (public/private)
- Social Science (public/private)
- Bible and History (ACSI only)
Add on certification: TESOL (public/private)
- Special Education N-12 until 2012
- Special Education K-8 or 7-12 after 2012
Urban Specialization (see advisor)
Bible/Theology Courses - Credits: 12
Advance standing may be granted for Bible/Theology credits earned at an accredited Bible college, Christian liberal arts college or university, or seminary. Credits will be granted on a course-by-course basis.